36th poster competition of Deutsches Studentenwerk
- 36th poster competition of Deutsches Studentenwerk for design students
- How do students experience online studies and the digital campus?
- €10,000 prize money
- Register by 7 November 2021
- Sponsored by the Federal Ministry of Education and Research, Museum für Kommunikation Berlin is cooperation partner
Berlin, 13 September 2021. How has campus life changed as a result of online teaching? In the second year of the global pandemic, with it‘s 36th poster competition Deutsches Studentenwerk asks design students across Germany what impact digital learning has had on student life on campus.
The Covid 19 pandemic has completely changed studying in Germany from one moment to the next. Instead of face-to-face teaching in the lecture hall, the vast majority of the past three semesters have been online courses in front of a screen. Out of necessity, studies were digitized overnight.
Deutsches Studentenwerk asks how this development is viewed by students. What impact does digitization have on students' social lives? What opportunities and challenges do students see in digitization? And where is the best place to study online?
The competition will be announced for the winter semester 2021/2022 at all state and state-recognized design universities nationwide. Students of graphic design, communication design and visual communication can take part.
A jury of five experts will award a total of €10,000 prize money. A selection of the 29 best posters will tour Germany for two years and be exhibited in various student unions. The competition is sponsored by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF); its cooperation partner is Museum für Kommunikation Berlin.
The poster designs are submitted to Deutsches Studentenwerk via a digital online competition portal. The jury will make a preliminary selection, and the best posters are expected to be chosen from this "shortlist" at the beginning of April 2022.
The awards ceremony is expected to take place on 20 June 2022, at the Museum für Kommunikation Berlin - in whatever form the pandemic permits at that time.
The jury of the 36th poster competition:
- Prof. Fons M. Hickmann, Professor of Graphic and Communication Design at the UDK - Universität der Künste Berlin
- Prof. Barbara Kotte, Professor of Advertising Design at the Faculty of Design at HAWK - Hochschule für angewandte Wissenschaft und Kunst Hildesheim/Holzminden/Göttingen
- Jakob Maser, graduate designer (FH), lecturer at the MSD - Münster School of Design / FH Münster; team leader creation at "Living Concept", Münster
- N.N., Museum für Kommunikation Berlin
- Thomas Schmalz, Managing Director of Studentenwerk Freiberg and Chairman of the Culture Committee of Deutsches Studentenwerk
All information and call for entries folder online:
Online application from 15 September to 7 November 2021 here:
This press release can be found online at: