Eating & Drinking | Cashless Payment| Student Guest Card

The Student Guest Card

Students who have a BlueCard or FH Karte without payment function or who study at another German University and pay the social contribution can use the Student Guest Card in the dining halls.

By showing their valid student ID, Student Guest Card holders pay the student price. External guests pay with the
Guest Card and are charged a fee. It is therefore important to distinguish between the two cards and user groups.


Here we answer the most frequently asked questions about payment with Student Guest Card:

Who can pay with a Student Guest Card?

The Student Guest Card is a payment method for

- students of all Aachen universities
- bridge course students who have not received their BlueCard/FH Karte yet
- all students enrolled at other German universities

When paying with the Student Guest Card you always have to present your student ID/bridge course certificate.

Where do I get the Student Guest Card?

The Student Guest Card is sold for a €2 deposit at the card terminals in our dining halls.

When do I have to present my student ID?

When paying with a Student Guest Card, showing the student ID is necessary in order to receive a menu at student price.

Where do I top up my card?

You top up the card with cash at the card terminals. Most terminals only take bank notes and none of them give change.

Why can’t I sign up for AUTOLOAD with my Student Guest Card?

The Student Guest Card is not personalized, which means that you cannot be identified as the owner if you lose it. As it would not be safe, a registration for AUTOLOAD is not possible with Student Guest Cards.

Can I return the card?

The Student Guest Card can be returned at the Infopoint of Studierendenwerk. The deposit of 2 € will be refunded if the card is fully functional and has no defects.

How can I get cash off my card?

The balance on Student Guest Cards is refunded at the Infopoint, in Mensa Vita (coffee bar) and in Mensa Jülich.
We can refund your balance up to three years after the last use of the card.

Can I transfer the remaining balance to my BlueCard/FH Karte

Yes. As soon as you have received your new BlueCard/FH Card the Infopoint will transfer your balance.

How do I pay if I am not a student?

External guests who do not eat at students prices can use the Guest Card (price: 2 €). They are available at the Infopoint as well as the checkouts (except Mensa Academica). The balance is refunded in Mensa Vita (Coffee bar), in Mensa Bayernallee (Coffee bar) and in Mensa Jülich. More information